Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Mixed Media Canvas ...Try, Try, Try again ......



Hi friends, Suman here,




Today I am sharing a mixed media canvas with you using the Color Splash and Gold Alcohol Splash sprays.







I really struggled with this one and tried many a times to work on this canvas. I will show you some picturess of my trials and failures with this one......
First time I created some texture on the background and added some random found objects like a plastic spoon, electronic parts, a plastic lid, dried paint brush and a broken plug with silicon glue and some metallic acrylic paint.......I even tore something out from the center of the composition (don't even remember what it was :) and it lied neglected for want of ideas ......


Then after few weeks I picked it again and tried some Alcohol Splash colors and Itsy Bitsy flowers and a bird bought from Itsy Bitsy long time ago.........I succeeded in creating MUD on the background :(


Can this be salvaged??? Very unhappy with myself........so it went back in the corner teasing me time and again ...........well........after few days I tried dry brushing with white Gesso on all the flowers, playing with a sentiment ......but.....even more unhappy with the results....and this time I seriously thought of throwing it in the bin.........

Well........to cut a long story short, am glad I did not give up :) while doing another canvas, I added Gesso randomly to the background and sprayed with Color Splash inks in Yellow, Blue, Pink and Green all over the canvas.......changed the composition ( if you see, the bird now sits in a different place perched on an ice cream stick and the canvas is turned so that the  flowers are in a horizontal arrangement)........let the inks dry completely and then added four to five layers of dry brushing with white gesso with drying in between to bring out the textures ......





Am sure happy that I did not give up, the outcome is even more beautiful than anything I had thought when I started it! So today no step -by-step cause it did not happen that way but a simple tale of  'Never to give up' God has more in store for you than you can ever Imagine...


Thank you so much my dear friends for your love and support always, it was such an honour to work with team Itsy Bitsy and my amazingly supportive team members. I have had a great time being a part of Itsy Bitsy family, many thanks to Rashmi Harish for everything !!


thank you for stopping by and have a great day

love

Suman Pandit

supplies:
Dew Drop - Soft Blue 16pcs
Dew Drop - Soft Blue 16pcs
Shop at :
Itsy Bitsy
Gesso Universal Primer
Gesso Universal Primer
Shop at :
Itsy Bitsy
Color Splash - Lime Splash
Color Splash - Lime Splash
Shop at :
Itsy Bitsy
Color Splash - Tangerine
Color Splash - Tangerine
Shop at :
Itsy Bitsy
Color Splash - Ocean Mist
Color Splash - Ocean Mist
Shop at :
Itsy Bitsy
Color Splash - Hot Pink
Color Splash - Hot Pink
Shop at :
Itsy Bitsy


16 comments: