Thursday, May 30, 2013

Pretty Sets with the New Range of Washi Tapes


Itsy Bitsy recently introduced this gorgeous new range of washi tapes from We R Memory Keepers and  when I got my hands on them, I couldn't wait to get started! Each pack comes with 2 rolls of Washi's one slightly thicker than the other and length will last you all your crafting days! I've been meaning to make some coordinated Bag, Tag and Card sets for a while now and this was the perfect opportunity. 



For my first set, I decided to go with the green washi's available at Itsy Bitsy. The white base for both the bag and the card is handmade paper. I used the washi's to add this one sided grid design, it was super easy to do and the result is quite clean and crisp. Some tie die gypsy flowers for a pretty touch and I decided to make a bold statement with the beaded straps. Isn't it awesome! I also used one of the many We R Memory Keepers tags available at Itsy Bitsy. There's literally so  many of them, in so many colours and sizes, it was the perfect accessory to my set. 

For the card, I pretty much followed the same design and in the empty space, I used a corner embossing folder along with one of the Sew Easy Ribbons trims which is also new at Itsy Bitsy.




 For my next set, I decided to create a slightly larger bag and this time the colour scheme was all  white and pink. I started with the same white handmade paper for the base and then used the pink washi pack to jazz it up. I created a four stripe pattern at the bottom alternating between ruffled and straight washi tapes. I love the effect of ruffled washi's and I find that the imperfection of the ruffle actually makes it quite perfect!


For the straps, I used some wooden pink beads from Itsy Bitsy and another We R Memory Keepers tag.  Like I said, there are so many to choose from and they're all pretty reasonably priced - like Rs. 29. I finished it off a pretty butterfly from Itsy Bitsy with a pearl trail. For the card, I followed the same principle except for a change, I changed the washi stripes from horizontal to vertical and added some embossing too. Love how it ultimately turned out!


I am in LOVE with the washi's at Itsy Bitsy!! I think I'm going to be adding them to a lot of my projects going forward! It's such a versatile accessory and so much fun to use too. I'm thrilled with the sets I made, can't wait to present it to someone! Arghhh!!! The agony of crafting for no reason in particular! Ha ha ha!! Thanks for dropping by folks! Have a good one!

Supplies Used:

14 comments:

  1. Hey I just loved the idea of ruffled washi tapes.its gorgeous,never thought of ruffling the washi tapes,great inspiration Sunehra.we always get to learn and see new tricks in your project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks so much Nehal - I was saw ruffled washis on some project a year ago and I was floored... Can't remember where and when but it definitely stayed in my mind. Love the effect too

      Delete
  2. Pretty sets with cool colors and the washi tapes are awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards and awesome colours.

    washi tapes @ Itsy bitsy.... which i was eagerly looking for. Thank you team

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy to hear it Shylaa... they are so great to work with! Looking forward to seeing your washi creation!

      Delete
  4. As Nehal said, the ruffled washis give a great look, gorgeous gorgeous Sunehra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sujana, easy to do and great result!

      Delete
  5. Me too liked the ruffled washi !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow very pretty tapes..the sets looks cool !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. too beautiful .... both of them look equally stunning :)

    ReplyDelete