Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Kraft Bags, Doilies and What Not!

ItsyBitsy is bursting with exciting new products and I've been itching to blog about it. Firstly a few weeks ago, they launched these Kraft Bags which are really economically priced, well made and come in a variety of sizes. Then a week ago, they introduced paper doilies intricately designed and available in 5 awesome sizes. Finally they've rolled out these amazing foam punches - Now punch craft will take on a whole new persona with crafters able to punch foam, paper and card stock with equal EASE! Here's a little project I made incorporating these amazing elements!


I started with a Kraft paper bag and proceeded to add a doily to the top and bottom. Then I went all out with the embellishments - some beautiful boutique elements flowers, punched butterflies using the new foam punch and scores of little crystals. For the center band, I used the ItsyBitsy Lace Die, threaded some satin ribbon through it and filled the center with a glitter foam butterfly using ItsyBitsy's butterfly Die. The scallop and straight ovals are all cut using ItsyBitsy's Thin Cuts dies. Here's a close up of the embellishment.
The Kraft Bags start from just Rs. 15. The bag I used above is 12" by 7.5" and goes for this rate. The largest bag is 18" by 14" and costs Rs. 39.

The Paper Doilies come in sets of 6 starting from Rs. 29 a set. For this project I used one 5.5" doily and one 8.5" doily, each cut in  half for both sides of the bag.

For this project, I used the Butterfly Foam Punch which retails for Rs. 299. It works well with both foam and card stock. I will shortly release a demo video to show how well it works.

And here is a list of all the items I used for this project:

8.5" Doily
Satin Ribbon
Butterfly Foam Punch
Pink Pearl Card Stock
Kraft Bag
Purple Glitter Foam
Rhinestones



Tye Die Gypsies
Boutique Elements
Plum Jeweled Florettes


5.5" Paper Doilies

4 comments:

  1. Awesome designs Sunehra! Love the way you decorated the kraft bags.. And the doilies are on my 'must buy' list already! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Sunehra this is stunning...such a smashing creation...love it!! You have certainly created a visual treat her.
    I bought a foam punch from Itsy Bitsy recently and its a wonder tool...so in love with it!And so happy Itsy Bitsy made it in lever mechanism so that little hands can also use. My daughter can easily use it too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! My son trips on it! Thanks for the comment :)

      Delete